made only 7 of

in Events 15.12.2018 06:27
von vv1122365 Caelicola | 780 Beiträge | 7800 Punkte

When Patrick Roy returns to Montreal on Tuesday as an NHL head coach for the first time, he will have a chance to look up to the rafters of the Bell Centre and enjoy the presence of his Canadiens No. 33 retired jersey banner. But as the Colorado Avalanche bench boss told TSNs Michael Farber in conversation, the road from his 1995 departure from the Habs, to that jersey honour, to his present-day job in Denver has been long and thought-provoking. Roy played his last game for Montreal on Dec. 2, 1995 when he was left in the net for the first nine goals of a 12-1 Detroit Red Wings victory. When he was finally pulled, he stormed past head coach Mario Tremblay to team president Ronald Corey and told him that the game would be his last with the Canadiens. Four days later, the future hall of famer was traded to the Avalanche as part of a five-player package. Fast forward 13 years with plenty of water under the bridge, and the Canadiens retired Roys jersey on Nov. 22, 2008. Farber asked Roy if the raising of his number to the rafters put his difficult exit from Montreal behind him. "I have to say yes it did, but for me it was before that," explained Roy. "When I retired I was already in peace in what happened in Montreal, and when Pierre Boivin and Bob Gainey came over to my house and talked about retiring my jersey and start talking to me, (asking) how do you feel...I said Im already in peace, Ive already moved on. "I understand that hockey is a business, I made a mistake, and Im sure on the other side they felt like they made a mistake as well. But at the end Im not there to judge. I was so happy to get back into the Canadiens family." Roy also recalled being frustrated by a separate incident from the same night, when late-arriving teammate Vincent Damphousse was not disciplined by Tremblay prior to the Detroit game. "Mario, I thought he was tough on me...I thought he was trying to send messages by being tougher on me. And I always thought that as a coach you need to be fair, and on that day I thought that Vinny was privileged. "He came in late because he slept in, and I just felt that was unfair to the team. Everybody has their opinion, everybody has their thinking about how things could have happened that night, and lets leave the past where it is." Would Roy have still been a Canadien if he had been pulled after the first five goals had been scored? "I have no idea," answered Roy. "I remember being down 5-1 after the first period and Mario came into the room and asked, "are you okay?"...and I said "yes Im okay". At some point I felt so sorry for my teammates (since) I couldnt stop a beach ball. My head wasnt there any more, I couldnt stop a puck. "Youre almost asking for help, but at the end were professional, you stay calm, and this is something I did not do." With the game 7-1 and catcalls coming from the home fans in Montreal, Roy made a save on a long shot by Sergei Fedorov and raised his arms to the crowd. He disclosed that his mocking action remains his only regret about the entire night. "My only one. Every day I played in Montreal, I was ready to play...I was ready to compete. I was accountable for the team. I wanted my teammates knowing that they could close their eyes knowing that their goalie will come that night and play hard for them. Thats what I wanted." Farber asked what prompted Roy to raise his arms after the save. "Its just frustration I guess. The fans love the Canadiens. The fans are...to them, they love the team, and if a player doesnt perform, then it is what it is. If youre performing, its the best place to be, and I knew that." Roy discussed why he spoke to Corey, who was seated in the front row behind the Montreal bench, after he had finally been pulled. "Because I think at the time, this is where we were. Ive been brought up to win the Stanley Cup, and I just felt like things (had) changed. Im not saying I wanted to leave Montreal, it was just time and unfortunately it happened that way." With that history firmly in Roys past, the Avalanche head coach is looking forward to playing his old club on Tuesday. "I was happy to be a part of the Montreal Canadiens...it means a lot to me to be able to go coach (against them), but Im going to try to approach it as a hockey game." Goedkope Nike Air Max . -- Top-ranked Stacy Lewis birdied the last three holes and five of the final six Thursday for an 8-under 64 and a share of the lead with Mi Jung Hur in the Yokohama Tire LPGA Classic. Air Max Online Bestellen . But San Diego had even more trouble against right-hander Tanner Roark, who pitched a three-hitter for the first complete game of his career as the Nationals shut out the Padres 4-0. The 27-year-old set down the first 16 batters before San Diego catcher Rene Rivera, an . http://www.airmaxgoedkooponline.nl/ . There will be no Down Under four-peat for Djokovic, as the eighth-seeded Swiss slugger Wawrinka outlasted the second seed 2-6, 6-4, 6-2, 3-6, 9-7 at Melbourne Parks Rod Laver Arena in yet another five-set thriller in their burgeoning rivalry. Air Max Kopen . The announcement was made by the hall on Friday, March 14. She joins Switzerlands Denise Biellmann as this years inductees to the Hall, based in Colorado Springs, CO. Nike Air Max Outlet Nederland .ca Fantasy Editor Scott Cullen, NFL Editor Ben Fisher, and Isaac Owusu discuss three hot fantasy football topics.NEW ORLEANS -- Between Jamal Crawfords long-range shooting, Chris Pauls timely playmaking and Blake Griffins presence in the paint, the Los Angeles Clippers have been too much for most teams to handle the past couple days. The struggling New Orleans Pelicans were simply overmatched. Crawford hit seven 3s on his way to 24 points, and the Clippers beat the Pelicans 123-110 on Monday night. "We understand what we do well. If we all do what we do well, well make our team stronger," Crawford said. "My teammates did a good job finding me, Coach was drawing up great plays and I got the easy part, just knocking down the shots." Crawford picked up where he left off in Oklahoma City a day earlier, when he hit five three-pointers and scored 36 points in the Clippers victory over the Thunder. He even converted a four-point play when he hit a three while being fouled by Eric Gordon. Paul, who had 19 points and 13 assists in his latest return to New Orleans, raved about the Clippers recent success shooting from outside. "Its been great and its just our ball movement," Paul said. "Were getting great looks and at times where playing at the right tempo, but we got to figure out how to keep putting it together." Anthony Davis had 26 points and 11 rebounds for New Orleans. Alexis Ajinca set career highs with 19 points and 12 rebounds. "We played hard, but we just got to do a better job on defence," Davis said. Griffin added 22 points, while DeAndre Jordan had 14 points to go along with 16 rebounds. Paul cited the play of Griffin and Jordan as "the reason why we get those open 3s." All five Clippers starters and two reserves scored in double figures. Matt Barnes, Darren Collison and Hedo Turkoglu each scored 12. "The ball movement on our team is terrific," Clippers coach Doc Rivers said. "When you play that unselfish with that many good players, a lot of good things are going to happen." Los Angeles hit 16 threes on 28 attempts (57.1 per cent). New Orleans made only 7 of 18 (38.9 per cent) from long range. "There were a lot of shots that we had a hand up and they threw it up in the sky and it came down and went in the bucket," Pelicans coach Monty Williams said of the Clippers 51.dddddddddddd8 per cent shooting overall. "What I didnt like was there were times when they made shots and I thought that we allowed our spirit to get down. ... We just allowed their offence to dictate our spirit." Anthony Morrow scored 13 points and Al-Farouq Aminu 12 for New Orleans, which has lost four straight. Gordon and Austin Rivers each scored 10. The Clippers were in control from the outset against a Pelicans team that has been struggling all season defensively. Los Angeles opened a nine-point lead in the first quarter on Jordans alley-oop dunk of Turkoglus lob. The lead grew to 15 in the second quarter, when Griffins dunk, set up by a feed from Paul, made it 54-39. "At the start, I thought the execution was close to flawless," Rivers said. The Pelicans clawed back within single digits by halftime after Ajincas dunk made it 61-53. The Clippers dominated the third quarter, however, breaking the game open with a 15-2 run that started with Crawfords three and featured nine points by Griffin, including a layup as he was fouled and an alley-oop dunk reminiscent of the dunk fest he brought to the Big Easy during the All-Star game. Los Angeles took its largest lead when Pauls 11-foot jumper made it 88-69. New Orleans showed only one more sign of threatening after that, pulling to 10 points on Jeff Witheys putback with 7:39 left. But Rivers called timeout, during which he instructed Paul to set up Crawford for a 3. It worked, and New Orleans never got closer than 13 again. NOTES: The Clippers are 25-0 when they make at least nine 3-pointers and 19-1 when shooting 50 per cent or better. ... Morrow entered the game making an NBA-leading 48.1 per cent of his 3-pointers. He improved that slightly by hitting 2 of 4 against the Clippers. ... Pelicans G Tyreke Evans made only 4 of his 13 attempts and is 9 of 34 (26.5 per cent) from the field in his last three games. ... The Clippers have scored 120 or more points 11 times this season, including two games in a row. Authentic Nike Tampa Bay Buccaneers Jerseys Cheap Authentic Nike Tennessee Titans Jerseys Cheap Authentic Nike Washington Redskins Jerseys Cheap Authentic Nike Arizona Cardinals Jerseys Cheap Authentic Nike Denver Broncos Jerseys Cheap Authentic Nike Green Bay Packers Jerseys Cheap Authentic Nike Los Angeles Chargers Jerseys Cheap Authentic Nike New England Patriots Jerseys Cheap Authentic Nike Oakland Raiders Jerseys Cheap Authentic Nike Seattle Seahawks Jerseys Cheap Authentic Nike Carolina Panthers Jerseys Cheap Authentic Nike Cleveland Browns Jerseys Cheap Cheap Throwback Baseball Arizona Diamondbacks Jerseys Cheap Throwback Baseball Atlanta Braves Jerseys Cheap Throwback Baseball Baltimore Orioles Jerseys Cheap Throwback Baseball Boston Red Sox Jerseys Cheap Throwback Baseball Chicago Cubs Jerseys Cheap Throwback Baseball Chicago White Sox Jerseys Cheap Throwback Baseball Cincinnati Reds Jerseys Cheap Throwback Baseball Cleveland Indians Jerseys ' ' '

nach oben springen

© Counter

Besucher

Wir begrüßen unser neuestes Mitglied: liny195
Besucherzähler
Heute waren 9 Gäste , gestern 22 Gäste online

Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 1971 Themen und 5068 Beiträge.

Heute waren 0 Mitglieder Online:

Userfarben : Administrator, Poster, Reader, Neuling,
Xobor Ein Xobor Forum
Einfach ein eigenes Forum erstellen