MONTREAL -- Charles Hamelin took another step toward the overall world championship title, but the bad luck goes on for Canadas

in Fragen & Antworten 01.03.2018 08:07
von jokergreen0220 Caelicola | 415 Beiträge | 4152 Punkte

MONTREAL -- Charles Hamelin took another step toward the overall world championship title, but the bad luck goes on for Canadas relay team. Walker Zimmerman Jersey . Hamelin overcame a weak start to win bronze in the 500-metre race behind winner Wu Dajing of China and American J.R. Celski on Saturday at the world short track speed skating championship. The Ste-Julie, Que., skater cut to the outside in a desperate bid for the win and came close to catching Celski at the finish line with the large crowd at the Maruice Richard Arena in a frenzy. "The four guys in that final were the four best 500-metre skaters in the world, so it was tough," said Hamelin, who was coming off a win in the 1,500-metre event on Friday. "I made a little mistake at the beginning. "I got passed by the Russian (Victor An) and was back in fourth place. I had a lot of speed. I went outside. It was my last option. I tried my best and was almost second." The 29-year-old, who has twice been runner-up for the overall title but never won it, leads the standings heading into the final two individual events -- the 1,000 and 3,000 metres -- on Sunday. An, a five-time overall world champion formerly known as Ahn Hyun-Soo, finished fourth. Park Seung-Hi of South Korea won the womens 500-metres ahead of Elise Christie of Britain and Fan Kexin of China. Disaster struck for the Canadian team in the mens relay semifinals when veteran Olivier Jean got caught in traffic and missed an exchange with Hamelin with only eight laps to go. The mishap dropped Canada from second to last place among the four teams and they couldnt catch up. Only the top two, Russia and Britain, earned a spot in Sundays relay final. "We got passed by the Chinese guy on the corner where we exchanged and it got mixed up.," said Michael Gilday of Yellowknife. "We didnt get our exchange in until a lap later and the other teams had already launched away. "Olivier was supposed to exchange with Charles on the corner where he got pushed out. There were a bunch of skaters and they couldnt tag together. It was a mess." At the Sochi Olympics three weeks ago, Canadas favoured relay team was eliminated in the semifinals when Francois Hamelin stepped on a marker disc and fell. "Thats short track," said Gilday. "It sucks. Clearly we havent had the breaks this year." South Korea and the Netherlands will also contest the mens relay final. Canada will have a team in the womens final. Jean opted not to talk to the media. The Lachanie, Que. skater, who was celebrating his 30th birthday, had been eliminated in the 500-metre quarter-finals along with Charle Cournoyer of Boucherville, Que., the bronze medallist in the event in Sochi. Marianne St-Gelais of St. Felicien, Que., and Marie-Eve Drolet of Laterriere, Que., were both ousted in the womens semifinals. "Im pretty happy, actually, because its not my best distance," said Drolet, who will have a better shot at a medal in the 1,000-metre race. "Im not a great sprinter, so it was super-fun to see that I could be fast and do a good race." St-Gelais said she may have psyched herself out before her semifinal because of an outside starting position. "I think I got scared at the (starting) line," she said. "I was thinking I would be squished behind two girls. Usually I dont think about those kinds of things, but that idea crossed my mind just before the start. I knew my race was done at that point." It was a happier day for Christie, who was shut out of the medals in Sochi after being penalized three times. The Scottish skater shot out to the lead off the start, only to be passed on the next-to-last lap by Park. It looked like the two might collide, but Christie said she backed off of any contact. "I probably could have won, but in the back of my head I was thinking about the fact that I got penalties, so when Park came through I let her go," said Christie. "I didnt try to get past because I just didnt want to get another penalty, to be honest." Christie came to the world championship seeking to redeem the Sochi setback and now is looking forward to her best event, the 1,000-metres. "It is my beat distance, but again, Ill be racing quite withdrawn," she said. "Im trying to stay out of fights and stuff, so that could play to my disadvantage. But maybe now that Ive got a medal, I might just go for it." Park won bronze in the 1,500-metres on Friday. She was a gold medallist in the 1,000-metre and the womens relay and got bronze in the 500-metres in Sochi. The Olympic 500-metre champion, Li Jiarrou of China, is not competing at the world championship. Kellyn Acosta Jersey . Rodgers was ruled out on Friday by Packers head coach Mike McCarthy. Matt Flynn will make his second consecutive start for the Packers. Ethan Horvath Jersey . 1 status and was unable to prevent a late season collapse, James Reimer said he wants to put the past behind him and is looking forward to spending the next two years in a Maple Leaf uniform. http://www.usasoccerauthority.com/jesse-gonzalez-usa-jersey/ . -- Fresh off their surprising run in the playoffs, the Portland Trail Blazers have signed head coach Terry Stotts to a multi-year contract extension.Each week, TSN.ca Fantasy Editor Scott Cullen and NFL Editor Ben Fisher discuss three hot fantasy football topics. In light of their big games in Week 11, which perpetual QB2 are you more confident can keep up their strong play, Ben Roethlisberger or Carson Palmer? Cullen: I definitely prefer Roethlisberger. Not that he doesnt have issues, but when Big Ben goes off, he has some huge games – over 350 yards four times this season and he has thrown for four touchdowns in two of the last three weeks. He also has a decent number of options, with WR Jerricho Cotchery, TE Heath Miller and RB LeVeon Bell playing strong complementary roles in the passing game behind No. 1 receiver Antonio Brown. As for Palmer, hes been better the last three weeks – with two TD passes in each of the last three games – but how much of that has to do with playing Atlanta, Houston and Jacksonville? With more interceptions than touchdown passes, I dont trust Palmer yet. Fisher: Since their Week 5 bye, when the Steelers finally starting winning more games than they were losing, Roethlisberger has had two huge weeks, and four very mediocre ones. Palmer meanwhile is farther down in total points among QBs this season but could be considered the more consistent of the two lately. The difference in their low level performances is negligible but Roethlisberger has more of a penchant for breakout weeks. Plus the Steelers have an easier remaining schedule; Im going with Big Ben. Has Ryan Mathews worked his way back to RB2 status with his play of late? Cullen: Yes, Mathews is okay to consider as RB2. Hes not as consistent as Danny Woodhead, but Mathews has put up double-digit fantasy points iin four of the last five games, thats good enough for a second running back. Nick Rimando Jersey. You just have to know there will be a week in which he comes up way short of expectations because thats what he does. Fisher: Mathews has put up RB2 or better performances in a little over half his games this year. The other games he was a fantasy team killer. But hes been playing much better of late with four of his last five outings decent ones. I like him as an RB2 because his play has justified at worst a full workload moving forward which should cut out the truly terrible statlines, and at best more red zone and third down opportunities which should lead to more touchdowns and catches. Can Harry Douglas continue to play at a WR2 level the rest of the season? Cullen: Douglas value is tied so closely to the health of Roddy White. So long as White is working his way back and not at 100%, then Douglas will get the looks necessary to put up good numbers – like the 535 receiving yards he has over the last five weeks – but if White is ever healthy enough to be Matt Ryans top target, then I could see Douglas value declining. So far this season, betting against White has been the successful course of action. Fisher: With the Falcons leaning more heavily on pass than run, and Roddy White still garnering the attention of opposing defences top cornerback, I think Douglas is worth 80 yards per week moving forward, maybe more if Atlanta continues to struggle (garbage yards in catch-up mode). That alone nearly makes him worth a start as a WR2; if he can find the end zone more often – he only has two touchdowns since filling in as a starter – his spot would be more secure. Cheap NFL Jerseys Wholesale Jerseys Wholesale NFL Jerseys Jerseys From China Wholesale NFL Jerseys Cheap NFL Jerseys Cheap Jerseys ' ' '

nach oben springen

© Counter

Besucher

Wir begrüßen unser neuestes Mitglied: vv1122365
Besucherzähler
Heute waren 5 Gäste , gestern 10 Gäste online

Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 750 Themen und 3841 Beiträge.

Heute waren 0 Mitglieder Online:

Userfarben : Administrator, Poster, Reader, Neuling,
Xobor Ein Xobor Forum
Einfach ein eigenes Forum erstellen