ay night’s draw against the Cubs"WhiteFanposts Fanshots Sections

in Fragen & Antworten 21.05.2019 04:19
von panxing18 Magister | 65 Beiträge | 650 Punkte

2019 Spring TrainingProspectsCommentaryNews and Notes2019 Spring TrainingDodgers Game RecapsSeager makes his major league return Walker Buehler Jersey , Urias seen as relieverNew,253commentsThe two Dodgers topped the headlines in Wednesday night’s draw against the CubsPDTShareTweetShareShareSeager makes his major league return, Urias seen as relieverJoe Camporeale-USA TODAY SportsAll eyes were on Corey Seager, who made his first major-league appearance since May, in the Dodgers 4-4 tie against the Chicago Cubs.Seager’s long anticipated return from elbow and hip surgery was filled with action under the lights in Mesa, Arizona.The first pitch Seager saw resulted in a flyout to center field. Rather unexciting.He quickly turned things around at the plate, going deep in the third inning, making the score 2-0 in favor of the Dodgers and joining AJ Pollock on the Dodgers home run club of the night.The shortstop also contributed to a dazzling 4-6-3 double-play in the second inning.Seager said this play may have affected his health in the past, but this time he didn’t notice anything wrong.Seager exited the game in the seventh inning, after earning another RBI and producing an error.Another Dodger who gained a lot of attention was Julio Urias.Urias was scheduled to start against the Cubs http://www.dodgersfanproshop.com/authentic-max-muncy-jersey , but was replaced by Dustin May just hours before the game was set to start.Dave Roberts told SportsNet LA reporter Alanna Rizzo he had a different plan for the left-hander.Urias would enter the game in the fifth inning, where he would have a quick 1-2-3 inning.In the following inning, Urias gave up a homerun to Cubs first baseman Anthony Rizzo. Urias would not have a smooth seventh inning either, giving up another two runs.He would exit the game after 2 鈪?inning, allowing a total of three runs, two earned runs, three hits and striking out two.After the game, the Dodgers’ skipper gave a little more information on Urias’ role in the regular season. He clarified the young pitcher would not be seen in short appearances. May, who got the start over Urias, pitched three full innings. He allowed one earned run and three hits http://www.dodgersfanproshop.com/authentic-max-muncy-jersey , but struck out three batters.Joe Kelly, who is expected to start the season in the Dodgers bullpen, pitched in with a scoreless fourth inning.Other notable performancesJustin Turner and Cody Bellinger each hit a doubleStetson Allie and Nolan Long each pitched a scoreless inning to end the gameLook aheadHyun-jin Ryu and the Dodgers head to Phoenix to face the Milwaukee Brewers at 1:05 pm PDT. The game can be heard on AM 570 LA Sports. PHILADELPHIA (AP) — Pitchers can’t have a cheat sheet — at least for now.Veteran umpire Joe West confiscated a card from Phillies reliever Austin Davis in the eighth inning of Philadelphia’s 7-1 loss to the Chicago Cubs on Saturday night.Davis and Phillies manager Gabe Kapler said he was using the card merely for information on the Cubs hitters. But West said it was illegal under Rule 6.02(c)(7), which states that the pitcher shall not have on his person, or in his possession, any foreign substance.“I told him we don’t allow him to carry anything on their glove, person or clothing except in some cases where there’s a rain situation we allow them to put a rosin bag in their pocket,” West, umpiring his 41st season, said. “Other than that they can’t have anything on the pitcher.”The card is similar to ones used by Phillies fielders to position themselves for batters. Davis pulled the card out of his back pocket and consulted it prior to Kris Bryant’s single and then again before facing pinch-hitter Addison Russell. West then came to the mound and took the card from Davis. Kapler Kenta Maeda Jersey , a huge proponent of analytics who introduced the cards to the Phillies players this season, came out to argue with West for several minutes.But West kept the card.“I saw him take it out and I went, ‘What the heck is that?'” West said.The umpire called the league office after the game and admitted the use of the card may be in a gray area.“I didn’t want to throw him out,” West said. “I know it’s foreign but he’s not trying to cheat. Maybe he’s trying to get an advantage because he’s reading the scouting report, but it wasn’t pine tar, it wasn’t an emery board, it wasn’t whatever.“In the long run, maybe they’ll let him (have the card). Right now, my hands are tied until they say yes or no. Right now, until the office says it’s OK to carry this Matt Kemp Jersey , he can’t do it.”Both Kapler and Davis were disappointed by the decision.“Our analytics department works really, really hard to come up with this stuff for us and I want to use it because they work all day to come up with stuff to help get guys out,” Davis said. “And if I have an answer to get a guy out, I want to know what that is.”The Philadelphia manager thinks having pitchers carry information cards will be good for the game.“Austin Davis is pulling the card of his pocket on the mound using it as a reference how to attack the hitters,” Kapler said. “I think it’s actually a really good thing for baseball. I don’t really quite understand this one.”

nach oben springen

© Counter

Besucher

Wir begrüßen unser neuestes Mitglied: kevincornejar
Besucherzähler
Heute waren 17 Gäste und 1 Mitglied, gestern 23 Gäste und 1 Mitglied online.

Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 2362 Themen und 5459 Beiträge.

Heute war 1 Mitglied Online :
Dogcat250

Userfarben : Administrator, Poster, Reader, Neuling,
Xobor Ein Xobor Forum
Einfach ein eigenes Forum erstellen