14th time Jeter was

in Events 05.01.2019 03:25
von vv1122365 Caelicola | 780 Beiträge | 7800 Punkte

SALT LAKE CITY -- Derrick Favors is a difference-maker, rusty or not. Favours returned from a hip injury and set the tone early on his way to 20 points to help the Utah Jazz beat the Boston Celtics 110-98 on Monday night. "I felt rusty to tell you the truth but it felt good to be back out there. I made a lot of open shots and I think I did a good job defensively to help my team win," Favors said. Utah coach Ty Corbin was glad to see Favours back on the court. "He does so many good things for us on the defensive end, it really makes it easy for the other guys," said Corbin, whose team is 0-9 without his star centre. In the games Favors has missed, its easy to see the Jazz struggle to defend. Even the soft-spoken big man can see the void when hes on the sidelines. "They are a step slow on the defensive end. Usually Im the only guy who helps out when guys make mistakes. Im the guy who bails them out," Favors said. On the offensive end, Alec Burks is the guy who bails out the Jazz when the play breaks down or the shot clock nears zero. Burks scored 21 points and his instant offence helped keep the Celtics at bay but he knows Utahs limited success this season is keyed by defence. "Having that defensive anchor, that man-child down there helps us a lot," Burks said. "When we see he is also confident in his shot, it makes the whole team confident." Marvin Williams added 19 points on 8-for-10 shooting to help the Jazz break a three-game losing streak and end a six-game skid to the Celtics. Favours established himself early with four baskets in the opening quarter and bolstered Utahs leaky defence in the middle. Jeff Green and Kelly Olynyk each had 21 points for Boston, which dropped all four games on its road trip and extended its losing streak to five. The Jazz shot 55 per cent and led by as many 18 points as six players scored in double figures and featured quick ball movement against the weary Celtics. "We couldnt break their rhythm," Green said. "They kept going to the same thing, making us work. They got good looks and were making shots." Favours had three blocked shots and Jeremy Evans had a career-high four but the Celtics made 20 of 21 free throws to stay in the game. Despite a strong game from Rajon Rondo, who had 18 points and 10 assists, the Celtics dropped to 4-22 against teams from the Western Conference and 0-13 on the road. Boston has dropped 18 consecutive road games versus Western Conference opponents since a 110-107 overtime win over Utah last Feb. 25. Burks, who is averaging more than 20 points in a reserve role over the last six games, helped the Jazz finally shake the Celtics mastery over Utah. No current member of the Jazz roster was on the team was on the team when Utah last defeated Boston, 110-97 on March 10, 2010. "Were maturing as a team and Im maturing as a player. Im playing my game. I know my role," Burks said. The Celtics, who shot less than 40 per cent on the road trip, missed regular starters Jared Sullinger and Avery Bradley as the Boston offence broke down early and often. Sullinger is following the leagues protocol after suffering a mild concussion Friday, while Bradley has missed 12 of 15 games with an ankle injury. "Were just trying to keep our heads up, keep working. Were banged up," Olynyk said. Rondo passed to Kris Humphries for a jumper and then made one of his own to pull the Celtics to 59-50 to begin the second half. But Williams and Richard Jefferson countered with baskets and the Celtics couldnt again trim the lead to single digits until Jerryd Bayless made a layup to make it 103-94 with 3:18 to play. The Jazz clinched the game with a three-point play by Favours and Williams fast-break layup with 1:08 to play. The starting lineup of Richard Jefferson, Williams, Favors, Gordon Hayward (10 assists) and Trey Burke improved to 17-9 on the year. All other lineups are 3-33 for Utah. NOTES: The start of the game was delayed for 10 minutes while crews fixed the remote-controlled camera perched atop one of the shot clocks. ... Tennis great John McEnroe sat courtside and hit balls into the crowd during a timeout. ... Favours used the ballboys mop to get a ball down that became stuck on the top of the backboard after an errant driving attempt by Bayless. Cheap West Virginia Jerseys Free Shipping . Kansas City became the first team in baseball history to win four extra-inning games in a single postseason on Friday, as Alex Gordon crushed a leadoff homer in the 10th and Mike Moustakas added the deciding two-run blast in the Royals 8-6 win. Geno Smith College Jersey . -- The Tampa Bay Buccaneers have released veteran guard Davin Joseph, a mainstay on their offensive line over the past eight seasons. http://www.cheapwestvirginiajerseys.com/?tag=west-virginia-david-sills-v-college-jersey . The match, billed as a "next-gen" encounter between two of the sports rising stars, lasted two and a half hours. The loss kept Raonic, from Thornhill, Ont., from reaching a third fourth-round spot in Melbourne over the past four years. Authentic West Virginia Jerseys . Olsen, who is 6-foot-3 and 305 pounds, can play either centre or guard. The 25-year-old Olsen played 16 games and made four starts in 2012 with the New Orleans Saints. Tavon Austin College Jersey . The former world No. 1 Djokovic, who is the top seed here despite being ranked No. 2, snuck past 35-year-old Czech showman Radek Stepanek in four high- quality sets, 6-4, 6-3, 6-7 (5-7), 7-6 (7-5), on Centre Court. Djokovic appeared relieved when he converted on his first match point by swatting a cross-court forehand winner that just caught the line to end an affair that featured only two service breaks.MINNEAPOLIS -- Derek Jeter was a huge hit from the very start in his final All-Star game. Batting leadoff for the American League, the 40-year-old shortstop for the New York Yankees soaked in an ovation that lasted more than a minute at Target Field, then seized the moment Tuesday night by hitting a double. Jeter soon crossed the plate for the games first run. After three innings of action, he was ceremonially removed from his familiar position in the field to one more round of revering cheers as his mom, dad, sister and nephew watched from the stands. "Its been fun family time for us," Jeter said later. The double was one of Jeters classic, opposite-field line drives to right. He singled to right field in his next at-bat, too, raising his All-Star batting average to a robust .481 -- 13 hits in 27 at-bats. Thats the second-best of all time for players with 20 or more at-bats, behind Charlie Gehringer. OK, so maybe NL starter Adam Wainwright admitted he threw something juicy for Jeter to hit. "I was going to give him a couple pipe shots," the right-hander said. "He deserved it." Wainwright later said that he didnt want to take away from Jeters first inning hit. "It was mis-said," the pitcher said in a television interview. "I hope people realize Im not intentionally giving up hits out there." Jeter showed off in the field, too. In the top of the first, he made a slick, diving stop on Andrew McCutchens sharp groundball up the middle. Jeter got to his feet and fired an on-target throw to first base, but the fleet-footed McCutchen was too fast, beating it out for a leadoff single. McCutchen smiled and pointed at Jeter, who grinned back at the reigning NL MVP. The Yankees captain also had a few words for his teammates. AL manager John Farrell of Boston asked Jeter to speak to the players in the clubhouse before the game. "Just said a couple things," Jeter said. This was the 14th time Jeter was picked as an All-Star. Hes set to retire after this season. When Jeter stepped to the plate, the crowd gave him a 63-second ovation, prompting him to wave, nod and tip his helmet several times. Wainwright, who spoke the day before about how proud he would be to pitch to Jeter on this memorable occasion, backed up toward second base and left his glove on the mound so he could clap along with everyone else at the ballpark. "For him to do that meant a lot to me," Jeter said. With a wide smile, Jeter shouted a few words towward the St.dddddddddddd Louis ace, good-naturedly encouraging him to get the inning going. "Just saying, Dude, Im not going anywhere until this ovation is starting to die down," Wainwright said. "So he was telling me to go, and I just thought he deserved it." Fittingly, a recording of late Yankees public address announcer Bob Sheppards famous monotone introduction was played as he walked up for his at-bat with thousands of smartphones snapping away in the seats: "Now batting, for the American League, from the New York Yankees, the shortstop, No. 2, Derek Jeter, No. 2." The tribute came right after a national television audience tuned to Fox saw a Nike commercial that featured the likes of Michael Jordan, Jay-Z and Rudolph Giuliani paying their respects to the captain. Right after that, he connected on the second pitch from Wainwright. "I didnt know he was going to hit a double, or I would have changed my mind on that," Wainwright said. "I thought he was going to hit something hard to the right side for a single or an out. I probably should have pitched him a little bit better." In the third, Jeter took Cincinnati ace Alfredo Simon to a full count before his single. Then, right before the fourth inning began, Jeter was taken out for Alexei Ramirez and the captain jogged off. With Frank Sinatras "New York, New York" playing on the stadium speakers, he waved to the crowd and exchanged hugs and handshakes in the AL dugout and then took a curtain call before the game resumed. Earlier in the day, Jeter was the first player to ride down the red carpet that was rolled out for downtown parade of the games greats, from their hotel to the ballpark about 10 blocks away. The hearty ovations started there, while Jeter rode with his parents and other family members, who came to Minneapolis for the event. "I think everyone WANTS it to sink in that this is my last," Jeter said in the clubhouse before batting practice, "but Im just trying to enjoy it while Im here and stop thinking about this is the last one." Commissioner Bud Selig said Major League Baseball has been discussing ways to formally honour Jeter as he enters the final few months of his career. "If you were sitting two decades ago and you said, Boy, this is a guy I want to be the face of baseball and be what this generation will remember, you couldnt have written a script like this," Selig said. "He is just remarkable." China NFL Jerseys Cheap Nike NFL Jerseys NFL Jerseys Cheap Wholesale NFL Jerseys Cheap Basketball Jerseys Online Stitched Hockey Jerseys Wholesale Baseball Jerseys Football Jerseys Outlet College Jerseys For Sale Cheap MLB Jerseys Wholesale Soccer Jerseys Wholesale Jerseys For Sale Wholesale NFL Jerseys ' ' '

nach oben springen

© Counter

Besucher

Wir begrüßen unser neuestes Mitglied: liny195
Besucherzähler
Heute waren 10 Gäste , gestern 22 Gäste online

Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 1971 Themen und 5068 Beiträge.

Heute waren 0 Mitglieder Online:

Userfarben : Administrator, Poster, Reader, Neuling,
Xobor Ein Xobor Forum
Einfach ein eigenes Forum erstellen