practice which

in Events 28.12.2018 04:35
von vv1122365 Caelicola | 780 Beiträge | 7800 Punkte

TORONTO -- A dramatic weekend that featured a postponed race, plenty of rain and enough collisions to fill a junkyard was won by a pair of unassuming drivers who held their nerve as others cracked. Sebastien Bourdais and Mike Conway entered the Honda Indy Toronto overlooked in favour of a championship duel and the return of a hometown driver. They shouldnt have been. Bourdais, who hadnt won a race in six years but previously conquered the 11-turn, 2.81-kilometre track at Exhibition Place in 2004, led all but seven laps in the morning race Sunday to win from pole. He was initially angered when he thought the Saturday race was cancelled by a slippery race track. The race was merely postponed, and Bourdais returned to his car Sunday waiting for his luck to run out. It never did. "Ive got a big smile across my face and I cant seem to get rid of it. Its just really cool," said Bourdais. "The whole race I couldnt stop thinking. I was very stressed out. It felt too easy, it felt like it was too much under control and it felt like it was way going to go wrong at some point. I dont know, it didnt. I was surprised about that because thats what happened all season long so far." Conway, who only competes on road and street courses but won at Long Beach in April, didnt have the pace of his rivals. That showed in the opening race with a 15th-place finish. But Conway saw something no one else did in the second race of the doubleheader. Rain fell once again and caused multiple collisions. Yet, unlike Saturday, the weather eventually showed some mercy and Conway spotted a drying track before almost anyone else. Usually a team tells a driver when to make a tire change. Conway told Ed Carpenter Racing, however, he was coming in on Lap 43 of the 80-minute race. "I knew I had to make a call at that moment because my wet tires were kind of going off and we were only going to go slower, and I knew the slicks would be for sure quicker," said Conway. "So yeah, worked out, worked out really well." The afternoon race had been a fight for the lead between Penske teammates and championship contenders Helio Castroneves and Will Power. But both went to the pits for new tires, allowing Conway and several others to the front of the pack for the first time. Conway took the lead on Lap 51, while Castroneves dropped off the pace. Conway benefited from yet another delay when another collision collected several cars and triggered a red flag. As he waited for the race to resume with less than five minutes remaining, Conway tried not to get too excited. "For sure I sat there in pitlane, I was like, could be another win in the cards," he said. "But I couldnt tell anyone that. For sure you think it but youve got to put it in the back of your mind." For Bourdais, the victory was vindication. The 35-year-old Frenchman finished over three seconds ahead of Castroneves, while Tony Kanaan finished third. Bourdais wont challenge for the IndyCar championship this year, he finished the afternoon race ninth, but the comfortable win was reminiscent of his four Champ Car titles between 2004 and 2007. Champ Car and Indy Racing League merged in 2008 to form IndyCar. Bourdais took a hiatus from open-wheel racing until his return in 2011, but hes yet to find himself in the title race. He didnt seem to care after winning his first race since November 2007 in Mexico City. "To be back on the top step in the way weve done it today, pretty much like the good old days. Its very special," said Bourdais. Last year Bourdais finished second and third, respectively, at Toronto. But his weekend was marred by an embarrassing moment when he accidentally dropped his second-place trophy and smashed it. This year Bourdais held onto his trophy with both hands. James Hinchcliffe never had a chance of winning -- or dropping -- a trophy. The Oakville, Ont., native was eighth in the opening race, matching his career best in Toronto through four years in IndyCar. But he slid into a tire barrier in the afternoon race and had to settle for 18th. It all amounted to more frustration for Hinchcliffe, the lone Canadian left in IndyCar. "Its one of those things, were sitting up here, talking, saying, what do we have to do to catch a break, here or anywhere this season ...," said Hinchcliffe. "The guys gave me a solid car, Im just sorry we couldnt turn it into a result." The biggest winner of the weekend who didnt take a checkered flag was Kanaan. The Brazilian finished third in the first race and second in the afternoon. Castroneves appeared to be set for a breakthrough when he finished second in the morning while Power was ninth. Castroneves entered the weekend nine points ahead of his Penske teammate, and he started the afternoon from the pole expecting to pad that advantage as the 39-year-old chases his first series title. But IndyCar leaves Toronto with the championship still up for grabs with four races remaining. Power, also hoping to win his first title, is just 13 points back after overtaking Castroneves en route to a second-place finish. Castroneves dropped off the pace and finished 12th. "I was very determined," said Power. "Starting on the front row together, so I thought Ive got to beat him otherwise this points lead is going to get too big. Ive got to finish ahead of him. Worked very hard on that." He still has work to do. Nike Air Max Goedkoop Bestellen . -- Canadian ski cross star Marielle Thompson accomplished two goals in one race Saturday. Nike Air Max Verkooppunten Belgie . The Heat centre scored 10 of his 30 points early in the first quarter to silence the Toronto fans as Miami defeated the Raptors 113-101 on Friday night. http://www.airmaxgoedkoop.be/ . He was 26. Edwards, the Supercup Championship leader, was in the passenger seat as an instructor for a private training session at Queensland Raceway at Willowbank, outside Brisbane, Porsche Motorsport said. Nike Air Max Winkels Belgie . - Pittsburgh Steelers president Art Rooney II says the NFL has told the team it will not be docked a pick in this years draft for coach Mike Tomlins foray onto the field against Baltimore last November. Nike Air Max Goedkoop Kopen . Seriously. Seven years of losing has brought many different faces, players and management, to the annual pre-season get-to-know-the-team round up.SAKHIR, Bahrain -- Mercedes locked out the front row for the Bahrain Grand Prix as Nico Rosberg claimed pole position on Saturday, qualifying ahead of teammate Lewis Hamilton. Rosbergs time of 1 minute, 33.185 seconds at the Bahrain International Circuit was a quarter of a second faster than Hamilton, who had to abandon his final flying lap after running wide at the first corner. It was Mercedes third straight pole to start the Formula One season but the first for Rosberg, who equaled his father Keke with five career poles. Rosberg leads the championship on 43 points, 18 ahead of Hamilton. "It has just worked well through the weekend, finding my way, making progress and getting through some issues," Rosberg said. "I have good memories of this track, winning the GP2 championship and starting my first race in F1. I enjoy coming here and again today its suited me." Rosberg and Hamilton have a win each from the opening two races of the season and Mercedes also dominated the three practice sessions leading into qualifying, both in day and night conditions, with Sundays race to be held at night for the first time. The only surprise was Rosberg taking pole ahead of Hamilton, who usually thrives in the one-lap format. "I locked up in the last lap but generally I am happy for the team," Hamilton said. "Nico did a great job and naturally Im happy my teammate is there and not someone else." Defending four-time F1 champion Sebastian Vettel did not even make the final session of qualifying and will start from 10th on the grid -- promoted one spot as his Red Bull teammate Daniel Ricciardo, who qualified third, gets a 10-place grid penalty from the previous race in Malaysia. Vettel paid the price for a session-ending spin in pre-qualifying practice which prevented him from getting valuable data on how to set up the car on tthe soft-tire, low-fuel setting.dddddddddddd He also complained of a downshifting problem. "The final run for some reason was a bit more difficult, the rears were locking up," Vettel said. "We had been playing around with it for quite a while, we are still not where we want to be but I dont want to blame it on that. There was a little bit more in the car which I couldnt get to, so I am not happy with today." Williams driver Valtteri Bottas and Force Indias Sergio Perez qualified fourth and fifth respectively and, with the one-place promotion, both equaled their best career starting positions. Ferraris Kimi Raikkonen qualified sixth, four places ahead of Fernando Alonso, to take the qualifying honours over his teammate for the first time this season in what is expected to a year-long fight between the two former world champions. Alonso said the car was down on power in the final part of qualifying, though he felt the teams starting grid positions of fifth and ninth were "more or less what we expected to be honest." "Q2 we were down a little bit and Q3 we lost more," Alonso said. "Still, we didnt miss out on the possibility of pole position because we are not in that kind of position. Its just a couple of places that hopefully tomorrow we can recover." McLarens Jenson Button, contesting his 250th grand prix, qualified in seventh and his teammate Kevin Magnussen was ninth, separated by Felipe Massa of Williams. Aside from Vettels early elimination, the main surprise of Q2 was Force Indias Nico Hulkenberg qualifying in 12th, having been fastest of all drivers in Q1 and showing strong pace during the practice sessions. Saubers Adrian Sutil was hit with a five-place grid penalty for impeding Lotus Romain Grosjean in the first session of qualifying, sending him to the very back of the grid. Cheap Throwback Baseball Detroit Tigers Jerseys Cheap Throwback Baseball Colorado Rockies Jerseys Cheap Throwback Baseball Houston Astros Jerseys Cheap Throwback Baseball Kansas City Royals Jerseys Cheap Throwback Baseball Los Angeles Angels Jerseys Cheap Throwback Baseball Los Angeles Dodgers Jerseys Cheap Throwback Baseball Miami Marlins Jerseys Cheap Throwback Baseball Milwaukee Brewers Jerseys Cheap Throwback Baseball Minnesota Twins Jerseys Cheap Throwback Baseball New York Mets Jerseys Cheap Throwback Baseball New York Yankees Jerseys Cheap Throwback Baseball Oakland Athletics Jerseys Cheap Throwback Baseball Philadelphia Phillies Jerseys Cheap Throwback Baseball Pittsburgh Pirates Jerseys Cheap Throwback Baseball San Diego Padres Jerseys Cheap Throwback Baseball San Francisco Giants Jerseys Cheap Throwback Baseball Seattle Mariners Jerseys Cheap Throwback Baseball St. Louis Cardinals Jerseys Cheap Throwback Baseball Tampa Bay Rays Jerseys Cheap Throwback Baseball Texas Rangers Jerseys Cheap Throwback Baseball Toronto Blue Jays Jerseys Cheap Throwback Baseball Washington Nationals Jerseys ' ' '

nach oben springen

© Counter

Besucher

Wir begrüßen unser neuestes Mitglied: bentorrisame
Besucherzähler
Heute waren 3 Gäste , gestern 15 Gäste online

Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 2207 Themen und 5304 Beiträge.

Heute waren 0 Mitglieder Online:

Userfarben : Administrator, Poster, Reader, Neuling,
Xobor Ein Xobor Forum
Einfach ein eigenes Forum erstellen